The project seeks to address engagement with adult learners from our most socially and economically deprived communities and their progression to “go one step up” with their education, using mentors.
The framework for the project will have two clear strategic outcomes:
- to form a more socially inclusive society during difficult economic conditions by working with adults from our most deprived areas
- to help our learners to progress to the qualifications they and society need by providing robust guidance frameworks.
Four main activities of the project:
- Each partner will identify and establish an adult peer mentoring network for learners and communities of learners from areas of multiple deprivation.
- Produce materials and resources to support the mentors involved.
- Produce materials and resources for adult learning organisations to support volunteer mentors working with adult learners.
- Develop a European peer mentoring network through the partnership work of the project and the mobilities to support partner / country networks.
SWAPWest: Scottish Wider Access Programme West
POE EDUCO, spol. s r.o.
University of Malmö
Foundation for Social Development (FDS)
Glasgow Caledonian University